INVISALIGN TREATMENT FOR EVERYONE WITH DOT SMILES IN BOSTON
Dot Smiles in Dorchester, MA is your go-to choice for Invisalign®. As a Diamond Plus Invisalign Provider, we average more than one new Invisalign case per day, and our patients love their time here. (Check out our Google reviews!) We are deeply committed to creating great experiences for our patients through outstanding communication and whole-person care. We are here to help you improve your bite and smile, but your whole being matters here at Dot Smiles!
WHOLE-PERSON CARE FOR INVISALIGN TREATMENT
Why is this level of personalized care important for Invisalign treatment? The average length of Invisalign treatment is 12 to 24 months, and it’s essential to have a dedicated team monitoring your progress and ensuring the best possible outcome throughout this journey. The top reasons why individualized care makes such a difference for Invisalign patients are:
- Your case is 100% unique. No one’s teeth are exactly like yours, and the same goes for your bite, jaw, and smile. No one needs exactly the care you need, and no one’s life circumstances are the same as yours. That’s a lot of variables, all of which we’ll factor thoughtfully into your treatment plan.
- Every mouth responds differently to treatment. As your teeth begin to move, we must monitor a variety of factors, like how your jawbone is remodeling and responding, whether your teeth are moving the way we want them to, and how your bite changes. We monitor these and other factors closely and adjust treatment proactively.
- It makes for a pleasant experience! Wearing orthodontia–whether you’re a child, teen, or grown-up–isn’t inherently positive. But it can be positive with great care! We aim to make every patient feel welcome, respected, and empowered. We want you to enjoy feeling cared for during each visit.
WHAT IS INVISALIGN?
Invisalign represents the cutting edge of orthodontics, harnessing digital technology to offer a comfortable, effective alternative to metal braces. The clear, removable, BPA-free plastic aligners can straighten teeth and correct bite issues with greater ease and less discomfort than traditional braces.
It’s also important to know what Invisalign isn’t:
- It isn’t limited to minor cases.
- It isn’t an expensive luxury product that costs significantly more than braces.
- It isn’t the same as other clear aligner systems.
Align Technology, Invisalign’s parent company, constantly conducts groundbreaking research to refine its Invisalign product line. The SmartTrack™ material used in the aligners is custom-designed for orthodontic movement and has been tested against hundreds of other materials. Orthodontists like Dr. Joffre choose Invisalign because they believe it’s the best option for their patients, and with the backing of Align Technology, they can deliver superior care.
HOW DOES INVISALIGN WORK?
Invisalign works through a series of aligners that apply carefully controlled pressure to gradually shift your teeth into their optimal position. Similar to braces, the gentle force applied by Invisalign aligners can effectively treat a variety of malocclusions.
YOUR INVISALIGN JOURNEY AT DOT SMILES
Throughout your treatment at Dot Smiles, you will experience a streamlined and personalized Invisalign process:
- Consultation and individualized planning: We’ll start your Invisalign journey with a complimentary consultation, where we’ll get to know you and examine your orthodontic case. We’ll ask you some questions, capture images of your mouth, and chat about your needs and goals. Based on this consultation, we’ll use our expertise to draft and propose a treatment plan that’s just for you.
- Customized aligner trays: You’ll be provided with a series of highly precise, custom-to-your-teeth aligner trays, each designed to progressively move your teeth closer to their desired alignment.
- Expert monitoring by Dr. Joffre: Your progress will be closely overseen by Dr. Joffre and the Dot Smiles team, offering you the choice of either remote or in-person visits based on your preference.
- Individualized, proactive care: Every step of the way, Dr. Joffre will be looking out for early signs of any common and not-so-common roadblocks in your treatment so we can get you back on track with your treatment plan quickly and proactively.
INVISALIGN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
As we begin to get acquainted with you or your child(ren), we’ll first consider unique age-stage orthodontic needs. For example, children may need growth guidance, while teens typically require more alignment-based solutions. And adults can present with all manner of orthodontic needs, depending upon a variety of factors. We’re here to provide responsive orthodontic care for every person in your family who needs it. Learn more about Invisalign for kids, tweens, and teens here and Invisalign for adults here.
WHY CHOOSE DOT SMILES FOR YOUR INVISALIGN TREATMENT?
In addition to providing a unique, personalized approach to your Invisalign treatment, Dot Smiles stands out for several key reasons.
- Believers in Invisalign: At Dot Smiles, we have complete confidence in Invisalign as a transformative orthodontic solution. We are not just providers, but genuine advocates for Invisalign and its capabilities.
- Adoption of advanced technology: We tirelessly work to absorb, integrate, and utilize the most up-to-date Invisalign technology. Our commitment to the best technology allows us to give you an effective, streamlined, and enjoyable experience.
- Staying informed: In the ever-evolving world of Invisalign, we are always working to stay updated on its latest developments. This means you can trust us to understand every new advantage and apply leading-edge thinking to your unique Invisalign treatment plan.
These are just a few of the aspects that set Dot Smiles apart as your preferred Invisalign provider in Dorchester, MA. With our patient-centric approach and investment in constant improvement, Dot Smiles is a destination where you can receive your Invisalign treatment with the utmost confidence, knowing you are in the best possible hands.
INVISALIGN VS BRACES
Choosing between Invisalign and traditional braces can seem overwhelming, especially when there’s so much varying information out there. At Dot Smiles, we strive to provide clear, experience-based insights along with scientific evidence to help you make the best choice for your smile.
PATIENTS’ TAKE: WHY CHOOSE INVISALIGN
Among our patients, Invisalign turns out to be a better fit than braces for about 80 to 90% of them. The reasons for this vary, but some of the biggest benefits of Invisalign over braces are:
- Aesthetics: Invisalign’s nearly invisible design is a huge plus for many patients. While appearance isn’t the only factor, it certainly plays a significant role in the choice between braces and Invisalign.
- Comfort: Our patients often share that Invisalign is more comfortable than braces. The smooth plastic aligners don’t have the discomfort associated with metal brackets and wires, and changing aligners is generally less painful than adjusting braces.
- Duration: On average, Invisalign treatment times are shorter. A 2019 meta-analysis found that Invisalign patients had statistically significantly shorter treatment times than those with traditional braces.
Your specific malocclusion needs and other clinical factors will be important in determining the most suitable treatment option for you. At Dot Smiles, Dr. Joffre is eager to guide you through all your available options, ensuring you make an informed decision that aligns with your needs, health, and overall well-being. Our primary aim is for you to feel confident and satisfied with your choice!
HOW MUCH DOES INVISALIGN COST?
While the price of Invisalign varies widely based on factors we’ll discuss momentarily, the most important thing to know about the cost of Invisalign is that it’s very similar to the cost of braces! There is a misconception that Invisalign is far more expensive than braces, and indeed it once was. But these days, your choice of orthodontic treatment can come down to choosing what’s best for you or your child. You no longer have to choose between braces and Invisalign based on price. To answer the question of how much is Invisalign: Without insurance, it can range from $4000 to $8000. Factors that influence Invisalign pricing include the following:
- Type of malocclusion
- Severity or complexity of malocclusion
- Treatment time
- Adjunct treatments
- Insurance coverage
DOES INSURANCE COVER INVISALIGN?
Typically, insurance covers Invisalign the same way it covers braces. For children and adolescents, this can mean full coverage depending on the policy. For adults’ insurance policies, it’s usually a portion up to 20%. That includes many dental insurance policies from Delta, Cigna, MetLife, and others.
Does Delta Dental Cover Invisalign?
Delta is one of the most popular dental insurance plans, so of course many patients ask us if Delta Dental Insurance covers Invisalign. This can vary from policy to policy. We recommend reading your policy’s fine print. If the plan you have covers orthodontics, then your insurance will cover Invisalign.
OTHER INVISALIGN FAQS
You may have other questions about Invisalign, or you may not know what to ask! Of course Dr. Joffre and the Dot Smiles staff are so happy to answer all of your questions. To satisfy your immediate curiosity, however, here are some other questions we frequently answer for our patients.
HOW LONG DOES INVISALIGN TAKE?
Invisalign treatment time varies according to case complexity and other factors, but most patients’ cases will fall in the 12-to-24-month range. During that time, you will see Dr. Joffre either remotely or in-person about every six to eight weeks for monitoring.
CAN INVISALIGN FIX OVERBITE?
Or underbite? What about an open bite or crossbite? The list of treatable cases for Invisalign is steadily growing as Invisalign’s parent company, Align Technology, conducts more and more innovative research. Invisalign’s website features an interactive Treatable Cases page to help you get a sense of whether it’s a good fit for you. Here is a list of things Invisalign treatment can remedy for patients:
- Crowded teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Too much space between teeth
- Open bite
- Phase 1 bite issues
We have treated all of the above types of cases with Invisalign at Dot Smiles in Dorchester, MA, and we’ll be so happy to help you. Of course, every patient’s circumstances are unique, so please come on in and see us for a consultation. We will look at your teeth and help you reach a conscientious decision about the very best way for you to benefit from orthodontics.
INVISALIGN VS SMILE DIRECT
This is a question folks are sometimes hesitant to ask us: What is Smile Direct, and how does it compare to Invisalign? Smile Direct, or properly SmileDirectClub™, is a type of at-home aligner system with a more DIY approach than Invisalign. A whole class of at-home aligner systems exists, with Smile Direct being the most well known.
As orthodontic professionals, we urge patients to work directly with an orthodontist, even if it isn’t us. The journey toward achieving a healthy bite and smile requires careful planning and monitoring by an orthodontist. At Dot Smiles, your health and safety and that of your teeth remain top priorities throughout the treatment process, from your initial evaluation to your final results.
As an experienced doctor, Dr. Joffre can identify needs or problems that arise during treatment and address them proactively, minimizing risks and ensuring optimal results. And, as a professional who is genuinely focused on his patients’ best outcomes, Dr. Joffre is confident that he is offering the best treatment option in Invisalign.
Invisalign attachments, also known as buttons, are required in almost 100% of cases. Invisalign buttons are small, tooth-colored composite pieces that we’ll attach to your teeth to give your aligner trays something to “grab onto” and to create focused pressure. While it may be possible to accomplish some treatments without attachments, it would be a more challenging and lengthier process. We want to ensure you get the best results as quickly as possible!
INVISALIGN RUBBER BANDS
Another little-known fact of Invisalign treatment is that some Invisalign cases will require rubber bands, also known as elastics. Everyone tends to associate elastics with metal braces, but this adjunct can be really helpful as part of Invisalign treatment too. Unlike attachments, not everyone needs rubber bands; but if certain bite issues are present, they can be the key to creating the movement you need.
If you do require rubber bands as part of your Invisalign treatment, they’ll attach either to special attachments (see above) on your teeth or to low-profile hooks on the aligners themselves. It’s worth noting neither option is pokey the way hooks on metal braces can be!
REFINEMENTS DURING INVISALIGN TREATMENT
Refinements may also be classified as a well-kept secret of Invisalign. No one is trying to keep them secret, but it’s a topic that just isn’t part of the mainstream, “Is Invisalign worth it?” conversation. But, refinements are a very common part of Invisalign treatment.
In order to understand Invisalign refinements, let’s zoom out for a second and talk about treatment planning. When we begin your Invisalign treatment, it’s all mapped out. We know exactly what positions we want for each tooth, what your dental arches are going to look like, and more or less how we’re going to get there.
But! Teeth don’t always move exactly as expected. You can increase the chances that they will by wearing your aligners 20-22 hours per day and otherwise complying with the doctor’s orders. Still, sometimes despite patients’ best efforts, teeth will resist movement or move in unexpected ways. When this happens, we will take a scan and order a few refinement trays to get you back on track. Another reason why Dr. Joffre’s individual and expert monitoring is so important!
Will you have to wear a retainer? Yes. If you want to maintain the results of your Invisalign treatment, you will need to wear a retainer forever and always. The good news is that Invisalign retainers are clear aligners very similar to what you wore during treatment, and you only need to wear them at night! No metal retainers toted around in a plastic case just waiting to be forgotten in a cafeteria or restaurant.
As for replacing retainers, you will need to do so every few (3 to 10) years, or if you have any restorative dental work done that changes the shape of your dental arch(es). Fillings, bridges, and crowns are examples of restorations that might require you to get a new retainer. Grinding or clenching may also cause you to wear out your retainers faster than usual, but here’s hoping you’re doing none of that after your Invisalign glow-up!
HOW TO CLEAN INVISALIGN ALIGNERS
Most patients report that Invisalign called upon them to step up their oral-hygiene game. Indeed, you will likely find yourself spending more time on this daily task. Each time you take your aligners out to eat, you’ll need to brush your teeth and rinse the aligners. In addition to that, the following are some ways to keep your aligners looking clear and smelling fresh:
- Each evening, remove your aligners to brush and floss your teeth before bed.
- While you have the aligners out, brush them with a dedicated soft-bristled brush and mild soap.
- Or alternatively, you can use Invisalign Cleaning Crystals and soak your aligners. You may still need a soft-bristled brush to remove lingering food particles after soaking.
- Invisalign has recently introduced a UV Sanitizing Case to sanitize aligners anywhere at any time without the use of Cleaning Crystals.
Other cleaning products are available from Invisalign and other companies, which may suit different lifestyles better (for example, if you travel frequently). Dr. Joffre and our team will provide detailed instructions on cleaning your aligners, answer any questions, and help you understand why these maintenance practices are important to your treatment.
CAN YOU CHEW GUM WITH INVISALIGN?
We are so sorry to report that gum and mints are incompatible with Invisalign. But, if you’re a habitual gum-chewer or mint-eater who will really miss the habit, you may try out one of the following:
- Chewies: These rubber-like pieces available in various shapes and flavors are made to help patients seat their new aligners and speed up orthodontic movement, but they may also scratch the gum-chewing itch.
- Movemints: Also designed to help seat new aligners and quicken teeth movement, this product is an edible breath mint that you place between your top and bottom teeth and gently chew.
So, farewell to gum and mints for now. But we hope these suggestions help!
INVISALIGN DENTIST NEAR ME IN BOSTON
Dr. Elon Joffre is a highly qualified and beloved orthodontist in the Boston area, serving patients from Dorchester, Boston, South Boston, Jamaica Plain, West Roxbury, and other surrounding neighborhoods. The Dot Smiles team is eager to receive you and your family with personalized service and the best orthodontic care around!